[Gambas-user] Fill ColumnView

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Jan 31 14:58:20 CET 2005

On Monday 31 January 2005 05:35, Martin van Es wrote:
> What I'm really curious of is, if it's possible to skip the
> for-next loop to fill the columns? Is there any array.copy()
> like method or function to quickly and efficiently copy the
> contents of given array (and later, db result) into the
> columns?

Someone's working on data-bound controls for version 2, but
you're right, populating the columns of a ColumnView is tedious.
I actually do it in a yet more cumbersome way:

(having dimmed cv as columnview, r as result)
cv.Add(r["id"], r["name"])
cv[r["id"]][1] = r["address"]
cv[r["id"]][2] = r["city"]
etc....

I would think that adding an .AddArray method to ColumnView
wouldn't be too hard.  I'll have to see if I have time to try
that this week.

Rob