[Gambas-user] Introducing fakebas, an MDI Gambas IDE

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Jan 29 21:06:26 CET 2005

Fakebas is a modified version of the Gambas IDE that uses an MDI
workspace for the forms and code editor windows, and has the
toolbox, project explorer, console and properties arranged
around the outer edge of the main window using splitters so you
can resize them as you like.  This is not as flexible as, for
example, an app like VB6 with dockable tool windows for all
those things, but this is also just the first release ;)  The
next thing I will be doing is some kind of window list for the
MDI windows, since they can easily become unmanageable if you
just use the built in minimize/maximize stuff.  But right now I
need to go out and do some errands.

Here is a screenshot and a link to the entry on my homepage for
the project (since it's over a meg, I can't simply attach it.)
I imagine there are lots of deadly bugs in there waiting to eat
your projects, so please post your findings.  I'd also like
suggestions for a name, since it can't be called
"gambas-anything" for fear of confusing people.  I was going to
name it "billybas" but that was even lamer than "fakebas", and
besides, the IDE doesn't sing yet.

This IDE is for the 1.x series, not the unstable series, and
requires Gambas 1.0.2.

http://www.kudla.org/index.php?wl_mode=more&wl_eid=71

Rob