[Gambas-user] Re: Trouble compiling 1.0.1

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez jredrejo at ...96...
Wed Jan 12 08:40:15 CET 2005

El mar, 11-01-2005 a las 12:26 -0800, "Thomas M. Herden"
<therden at ...775...> escribió:

> I'll have to read up on the dpkg-buildpackage command -- it hasn't come to =
> my=20
> attention before. =20

dpkg-buildpackage only works if the sources have been "debianized" as
gambas source is (i.e. you have to see the debian directory inside the
sources, with all the information needed to build the packages)

> The first time I ran it it identified the missing deb packages, as promised=
> =2E =20
> The second time it generated the deb files -- but as I wasn't certain how t=
> o=20
> setup and use a local depository (told you I'm a newbie), I went back and=20
> ran ./configure;make;make install.     Success!

You don't need a repository to install packages. apt-get is not the only
tool to install packages in Debian. Just move to the directory where the
packages are, and execute: "dpkg -i *.deb" and all the packages will be
installed. If there is any not satisfied dependency, "apt-get -f
install" will solve it, and then you will be able to do "dpkg -i *deb"
again successfully.

Regards .