[Gambas-user] Moving controls on form

me nospam at ...789...
Wed Jan 12 02:50:15 CET 2005

Rob wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 January 2005 17:28, me wrote:
>> Good question. Now, how does one click with a keyboard?
>> "Is there any way to move ... controls around ... using the
>> keyboard?"
>
> I can't test it from my laptop, since I have no numeric keypad,
> but I'm pretty sure you can use your keyboard to emulate a mouse
> under KDE (something like alt-shift-numlock to enable it?)  Then
> the "5" button is "click", the "0" button is "start dragging"
> and the "." button is "drop".

Thanks. That's a workaround for now, but I won't be able to use it
productively. Mouse-emulation functionality is built-in to X but the KDE WM
messes with it. The final result is painfully slow and jerky mouse movement
on the screen. I was more hoping that I merely hadn't missed the bit in the
docs that described such a feature.

> However, that sucks.

:)

> It shouldn't be too hard to add some
> keyboard support to the IDE and eventually I will probably try
> to do this (maybe when I start working on the MDI version of the
> IDE again.)

That's great. I don't think it's just a nice to have. I'm a long-term GUI
developer since well before VB 1, so it's a must have, especially for
working with larger GUIs.

Thanks for replying. Your time is very much appreciated.