[Gambas-user] Form embedding, building devel version

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Jan 12 00:34:58 CET 2005

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 17:00, Rob Kendrick wrote:
> I appear to have found the problem.  "make" doesn't actually
> compile the IDE, "make install" does, and "make install" tries
> to do rootly things (symlink stuff into /usr/bin in this case)
> even if it's not running rootly, because it doesn't have any
> need to, which stops the installation before it's built
> gambas2.  Could this be changed?  I don't like installing

I ran into that when I started packaging Gambas around 0.50...
RPMs are traditionally built as a regular user and installed
into a temporary directory.

Luckily, you can do this with "make install
ROOT=/my/fake/root/directory" (or maybe make install goes last,
I forget because the RPM build process is all macros.)

Rob