[Gambas-user] Form embedding, building devel version

Rob Kendrick gambas-users at ...790...
Tue Jan 11 23:00:40 CET 2005

Rob Kendrick wrote:

> I've now built 1.9.1 perhaps a dozen times, and installed it just
> as many times, and still not got the IDE out of it.  I'm running
> Ubuntu Hoary if that helps spawn any suggestions.

I appear to have found the problem.  "make" doesn't actually compile the
IDE, "make install" does, and "make install" tries to do rootly things
(symlink stuff into /usr/bin in this case) even if it's not running
rootly, because it doesn't have any need to, which stops the
installation before it's built gambas2.  Could this be changed?  I don't
like installing stuff from source into /, because they can be a pain to
remove again.

--
Rob Kendrick
PGP signed or encrypted mail welcome (Key ID: 3651D17A)