[Gambas-user] Re: Trouble compiling 1.0.1

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez jredrejo at ...96...
Mon Jan 10 16:17:59 CET 2005

El lun, 10-01-2005 a las 06:32 -0800, "Thomas M. Herden"
<therden at ...775...> escribió:

> Thank you so much for being willing to help a newbie.  As requested, I'm
> attaching the file which resulted from the command
>
> su -c ( ./configure; make; make install ) > output.txt 2>&1
>
> Prior to trying to compile Gambas, in an attempt to cover the "Qt development
> package" requirements, I installed the following Debian packages:
>
> libqt3-headers 3.3.3-7        Qt3 header files
> libqt3-i18n    3.3.3-7        i18n files for Qt3 library
> libqt3-mt-dev  3.3.3-7        Qt development files (Threaded)
> libqt3c102-mt  3.3.3-7        Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime version)
> qt3-dev-tools 3.3.3-7 Qt3 development tools
>
> FWIW:  like Mr. Sharples, who replied to my earlier message, I have also had
> success installing Gambas binaries from a Debian depository (I used
> http://www.linex.org/sources/linex/debian/ sarge linex ) -- So the good news
> is that, whatever the compilation issue is, it has already been identified
> and solved by someone.
>
> -Tom

In fact, there is no problem in compiling gambas in Debian. You will
only have problems if you are using Debian woody because it doesn't have
the qt version needed to compile gambas. Even in that case it can be
compiled using packages from the backport repository
(http://www.backports.org/)

Using sid or sarge you can compile it correctly if you have the right
libraries installed in your system. If you don't want to use the sid &
sarge packages I maintain in Debian, or the more "experimental" and
"use-for-fun-and-test" versions I maintain in Linex, you can compile it
without any problem also because Benoît added to the sources the debian
dir structure I sent him. So, just sit down in front of your pc, and
inside the gambas source directory type:
"fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage"  or "dpkg-buildpacakage" if you have logged
in as root.
This will compile and generate all your own debian packages, or if you
don't have the development packages needed installed in your system, it
will tell you what packages you must install using apt-get.

Hope this helps.