[Gambas-user] CD-rom device & media detection

Dave Sharples dave at ...772...
Fri Jan 7 17:09:21 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 14:48, Rob wrote:
> On Friday 07 January 2005 09:17, Dave sharples wrote:
> > I'm reasonably new to gambas having come from VB6 and for my
> > first *real* app I need to somehow detect and list the CD
> > drives in a system and also detect if they have any media in
> > them.
>
> I've had to do this for a couple clients.  I'll try to post some
> code later today if I can dig it up.

Cheers, very much appreciated

>   But the simplest way is to
> try getting a directory of each cd's mount point and trapping
> the error.

I have managed to get it to check if there is a CD in the drive by using
your recomended method but my main problem is trying to detect if there
are 1 or more cd-drives in the system and where their mountpoints would
be.