[Gambas-user] ODBC and XML

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Jan 6 17:25:04 CET 2005

On Thursday 06 January 2005 09:57, KOKSAL BASAR wrote:
> 1) May I connetc MSSQL (or Jet .mdb files) with ODBC. This is
> very important case for VB Developers. If Gambas do it,
> Micro$oft will be very unhappy.

I think once the ODBC component (recently submitted) is up to
speed, you will be able to connect to MSSQL through the
"freetds" package (which also handles sybase.)  If it doesn't,
then someone will need to write a gb.db.freetds component (and
it may end up being me, but no promises.)

There is a perl module for reading .mdb files, but I don't know
if anyone wrote a Linux ODBC driver for them.  The file format
is weird enough that I would be very cautious about writing to
them with a driver not provided by Microsoft, but it should be
possible to write an Access to Sqlite converter so you could
include sqlite files with your Gambas projects.

Rob