[Gambas-user] 1.0.1 Install Problem

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jan 4 10:31:29 CET 2005

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 05:48, John G. Ruff wrote:
> I ran into a problem during the install and attached the console output
> from urpmi. Everything above this looked OK.
>
> Gambas runs and says it is version 1.0.1, but I still get the same MySQL
> database connect authentication version error.
>
> I have no idea what the problem is & would appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks,
> jr
>
> (   John G. Ruff   )
> ( Wayzata, MN, USA )

Did you check your MySQL configuration ?

Your message is:

Cannot connect to database
Cannot open database: Client does not support authentication
                      protocol requested by server; consider
                      upgrading MySQL client

So it tells you that your -server- uses a protocol that your -client- can't
deal with, and so you must upgrade your MySQL libraries!

Maybe you use a too recent MySQL server ?

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...