[Gambas-user] No slashdotting this time...

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Jan 2 19:47:16 CET 2005

On Sunday 02 January 2005 09:58, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> I have problems with Mandrake packaging, and I need help!
> 1) The packages you make work. This is not the problem :-)

Actually, my packages don't work anymore since RC5 due to the
automake change.  Under 9.2 and 10.0 for some reason instead of
producing lib.gb.*.so the shared library files are created as
just lib.gb.*.  I think that I found a workaround before xmas
but I left my work on a client's machine and forgot to copy it
home, so I can't verify this till tomorrow.

> 2) The packages made by Mandrake employees don't work. Their
> dependencies are false, they raise an error when you urpmi
> them. What .spec files do they use ??? How to replace their
> packages by yours ?

According to their changelog, they switched to your spec file a
few versions back.

 %changelog
+* Mon Dec 20 2004 Laurent MONTEL <lmontel at ...556...>
1.0-0.rc5.2mdk
+- 1.0-rc5
+
 * Mon Nov 22 2004 Lenny Cartier <lenny at ...556...>
0.99-2mdk
 - use better spec from Benoit Minisini
<gambas at ...1...> :
        - Fix modal windows not being modal with QT 3.2.

Obviously they screwed something up because I can't even build
the latest cooker packages on 10.1, but I don't have a cooker
box to see if they compile there...

> 3) There are still deprecated Gambas packages in Cooker. How
> can they be removed ?

Make a post to the cooker list saying "The following packages are
deprecated and should be removed: ..." and CC
lenny at ...556..., if I remember right.

Rob