[Gambas-user] BIG BUG in IDE or Dialog.Filter

Bodard Fabien gambasfr at ...11...
Fri Feb 25 22:03:32 CET 2005

Le vendredi 25 Février 2005 22:38, Charlie Reinl a écrit :
> >Le jeudi 24 Février 2005 22:19, Charlie Reinl a écrit :
> >> Salut,
> >>
> >> if you set Dialog.Filter like
> >> selExisting.Filters = ("Text files") & "|*.txt,*.text,*.html|" & ("All
> >> files") & "|*.*"
> >> and you choose 'All files' , you don't see files without a DOT in ,
>
> like
>
> >> COPYING or ChangeLog.
> >
> >Hi Charlie,
> >
> >it's not a bug but a feature :)
> >try
> >selExisting.Filters = ("Text files") & "|*.txt,*.text,*.html|" & ("All
> > files") & "|*"
> >
> >Because you say at the system to find a file with an extention
> >file-point-ext = *.*
> >me i say find all file = *
> >
> >that's all
> >
> >Regards,
> >Fabien Bodard
> >
> >> So all (the most of them) Dialog.Filter in the IDE for 'All files' have

> >> be * or the  Dialog.Filter has to be changed, to show even files
>
> without a
>
> >> DOT in!
> >>
> >> This is on gambas-1.0.3
> >>
> >> Amicalment
> >> Charlie
>
> Sorry Fabian,
>
> I do not understand what you mean.
> I said/say the *.* is wrong, because it don't show you in Dialog file,
> who have not a DOT in name. like COPYING or Changlog.
> So the right has to be a simple *
> With *.* you see only files with at less one DOT in name.
> You see 'my.class' or even 'this.file.is.shown' with '*.*'
> But if you want to see 'COPYING' you have to use '*'
>
> So I do not know where the bug is. In the IDE Filters or in the
> gambas Dialog function.

oups... sorry i'm so tired ...so i haven't read your mailcorrectly !

i have explain the same thing than you !

the bug is in the ide...

just do a find/replace from *.* to *  on all the gambas ide code

And benoit, if you heard me, please do the same thing !

Bug fixed !

Thank Charlie