[Gambas-user] Wish: Items property for Combobox and ColumnView +devirates.

ron ronstk at ...239...
Thu Feb 24 16:28:54 CET 2005

sub fillbox(theCBox as combobox, CBselect as integer)

  WITH ComboBox1 'or theCBox
    .Clear
    .Add("koffie")
    .Add("thee")
    .Add("limonade")
    .Sorted=TRUE
    .ReadOnly=TRUE

    .Text= combobox1[1].Text  <--- in this case the with does not make sense
    .Text= theCBox[1].text

    .Text= .Items(1).text  <--- this is what I wish
    .Text= .Items(CBselect).Text
  END WITH

end

I wish the tree/list/column view have a .Items() property
Also the Combobox and Listbox, or say where the controlobject[]. exist.

It is not posible to get the Combobox[1] items in a With object.

My imagination tells me that object.Items(index as integer) is the same
as using object[index]
or usage for the .Items(x {,y{,z}} ] can implement the object[x {,y {,z}} ] ?

In fact VB works the same way.
msListbox(rowindex).text or msListbox.Items(rowindex).text
note the square brackets versus the parenthesis.