[Gambas-user] Create new folder for project

ron ronstk at ...239...
Thu Feb 24 15:45:51 CET 2005

I have gambas 1.0.3 installed on mandrake 10.1 OE :)

Start a new project and arriving in my home directory.

The root entry is selected to be the place where it must be.
Then I want to create a folder for projects and press the
new folder button.

I know,  root?, but this should be for 'root'
The folder is created but it fails and can't changed to real name.

Select a existing folder and press 'New folder' works and creates
it just inside that folder, so my asumption to chose 'root' was correct.

When I click in the white space below the last folder the highlite is gone
of the previous selected folder and press the 'New Folder' it is
created in the previous selected folder.

I belive it should work as do create in the selected folder, that it
is highlited.
If none is highlited it should not work at al, or made in the root of the
visible tree, aka 'root' here.

It is not a matter of rights/permisions as the folder is created, the popup
warning could be, regarding the rights, but then ?
Maybe it is just the name 'New Folder 2' contains a space and is not quoted.

Thanks rob for the precompiled mandrake, I can't, missing the -devel ATM.

Sorry for the to big screenshot, but missing some utils as I had with SuSE.