[Gambas-user] New to gambas. Have a few questions.

Lord Jester jester.dev at ...734...
Mon Feb 21 11:42:00 CET 2005

I used to program in VB and then VB.NET and have even tried Mono and
since switching to Linux full time, I've been looking for an
alternative. I've also been looking for an alternative to Java till my
books come in. I think I've found it with Gambas. I hope to be able to
contribute a few tutorials and what not once I get settled in and learn
the ropes.

I do have a few questions. First off what exactly is Gambas capable of
at this moment? I've had a project in my head for several years now, and
after seeing Gambas I think that's where I'll start it. It's just a
'thing' of sorts with an all in one interface for web, text, etc.

About fakebas, how exactly do I compile this? I see it's written in
Java.. Perhaps just loading it up in Eclipse and compiling will work?

Anyway, I think Gambas has some serious potential and I'd like to see it
come full circle.

Thanks for your time,
Michael