[Gambas-user] "big" projects in Gambas

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez jredrejo at ...96...
Tue Feb 8 15:51:36 CET 2005

El mar, 08-02-2005 a las 06:30 -0800,
Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...> escribió:

I have used gambas for developing two projects in Extremadura primary
and high schools:
- Controlaulas
(http://forja.linex.org/project/showfiles.php?group_id=15&release_id=127
to download and http://www.itais.net/index.php?blog=3 for features (in
spanish) and screenshots ) allows the teacher controls the classroom and
have a lot of different tools to work interactively with the
students:start apps, switch on and off students pc, enable/disable them
internet, follow their steps using vnc, export teacher desktop to the
students to show things, share/unshare teacher printer, send message to
the desktops, send files, real time video and sound transmition using
videolan, etc. It was developed initially with qt, but now it has been
changed to gtk using Daniel Campos gtk component. It has been widely
tested and now it is being installed in our 65.000 linex computers.
- Usuarioscentros ( http://forja.linex.org/projects/usuarioscentros/ )
is another tool I developed. It allows the school system administrator
add/delete/modify user accounts. It exports all the students and
teachers data from the administrative school applications to a ldap
directory, creates and customize the HOME desktops and directories and
gives the permissions we have considered more useful. It is being
installed in every high and primary schools servers.

Both are gpl applications and can be installed in Debian using apt with
the LinEx repositories.

Regards.