[Gambas-user] Package Wizard - Debian Packages

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Feb 2 15:03:05 CET 2005

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 08:43, Dave sharples wrote:
> What I really want to know is SHOULD I CONTRIBUTE? by having a
> go at hacking the Package.module file around so that it
> creates .deb files the correct way. I'm not the worlds tidyest
> programmer, my code can sometimes be convaluted and theres no
> guarantee of my success but is it worth me having a go anyway
> or should I just explain the process to one of you 'coding
> gods' and leave you to it?

I don't think any of us "coding gods" are using Debian, and I
know I'd love to see .deb packages created without using alien.
In the current situation, there are (for example) no Mandrake
packages of alien available so you can't build .deb packages on
Mandrake anyway, and I suspect the same is true of Red Hat if
not SuSE.

I can't imagine that a properly working .deb packaging routine
would be passed over, so I'd love to see you give it a try.

Rob