[Gambas-user] Some usage questions

Laurent Duperval lduperval at ...626...
Tue Feb 1 15:37:32 CET 2005

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:04:14 +0100, Benoit Minisini
<gambas at ...1...> wrote:
> > - How do you group elements? For example, I want many of my
> > label/entry combinations to be considered as a single item. I can't
> > figure out how to do this.
>
> Could you be more precise ?

Sure. Say I want a label with an entry to be a "group". For example:

Name: _____________________

Above, there are two elements but I want to treat them as one. That
way, whether I click on the label or on the entry, when I drag, both
are moved. In drawing packages, this is called grouping.

> > - How do I distribute items that are grouped together?
>
> It is not possible yet.

Ok.

> > - How do I insert multiple widgets of the same kind without clicking
> > on the toolbox between each insertion?
>
> You can paste (CTRL-V) many times. But can you be more precise on what you
> want to do exactly ?

Sure. I want to, for example, double-click on the Button tool. Then I
want to click on the form and a button is inserted where I clicked.
Then I want to click elsewhere and another button is added there, etc.
until I'm down inserting buttons. Then I want to do the same for
labels or entries or whatever.

The problem with the cut'n'paste approach is that you constantly have
to go back to the upper left corner and drag your elements where you
want them.