[Gambas-user] Float 4 byte size in bin mode

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Feb 1 12:22:02 CET 2005

On Friday 28 January 2005 15:29, csorda at ...69... wrote:
> Greetings and saluti da Carlo.
> Gambas is a great software. Congratulation.
> I have some question for you:
> 1) I have a binary file like that C struct mapping:
> typedef struct myRecord{
> char sync[2];
> char type[4];
> char quality;
> char time[9];
> char source[2];
> float x; //4 byte
> float y;
> } DOMessage;
> Can you give me a sample to convert this in GAMBAS? and when I read a float
> (4 byte) value from binary file in GAMBAS I have problem becouse float is 8
> byte len. What can i do for read float len 4 byte?

This is a problem... Gambas can't read 4 bytes float at the moment. I will try
to find a syntax for the READ and WRITE command to be able to do that...

> 2) I evaluating a tool for develop a GUI and a Mathematical engine for a
> critical application in Space Engeneer sector.
> Do you thing GAMBAS is
> enough stable to develop critical application for read information from
> serial port, calculate vector operation, display information and send
> command to another serial port?

If you want to launch missiles, then the interpreter will makes the processor
becoming crazy, and the missiles will fly back to the launcher :-)

Otherwise, you must test yourself...

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...