[Gambas-user] gambas crash?

Mike Keehan mike_keehan at ...679...
Wed Dec 28 16:09:31 CET 2005

Ramon Orticio wrote:
> dear friends,
>
> opening a project in gambas 1.0.6 i used to see a
> dialogue box stating more or less like this "the
> application is possibly open and opening it again will
> affect IDE and will result in a loss of data." i
> simply ignore this because though i already rebooted
> the computer, this dialogue oftentimes occur.
>
> most of the times i open two gambas projects in two
> different consoles, one my own and the other one
> usually a database example in gambas from which i
> pattern my project. my laptop has 256MB RAM and 1.5GB
> free disk space. it has dual boot, windows and linux.
>
> just yesterday my laptop won't boot there was a total
> blackout. not even the BIOS program will appear in the
> display. i tried to connect to other monitor thinking
> that the laptop monitor is not functioning, but still
> it won't show anything on the other working pc
> monitor.
>
> do you have any idea what caused this problem? is this
> a gambas crash as what the dialogue box was saying? is
> the BIOS corrupted? the ASUS laptop service center is
> a litte bit far from us (500km). anyway thanks for any
> info you can share.

Ramon,  I don't think it has anything to do with Gambas.

Try removing the battery,  disconnect the power supply, and all other
connections (mouse, network, modem etc.) and wait a few minutes.

Then reconnect the power supply only and try turning on.

This has worked for me with a HP Omnibook 6100.

Mike.