[Gambas-user] gambas crash?

Ramon Orticio rporticio at ...43...
Wed Dec 28 01:58:21 CET 2005

dear friends,

opening a project in gambas 1.0.6 i used to see a
dialogue box stating more or less like this "the
application is possibly open and opening it again will
affect IDE and will result in a loss of data." i
simply ignore this because though i already rebooted
the computer, this dialogue oftentimes occur.

most of the times i open two gambas projects in two
different consoles, one my own and the other one
usually a database example in gambas from which i
pattern my project. my laptop has 256MB RAM and 1.5GB
free disk space. it has dual boot, windows and linux.

just yesterday my laptop won't boot there was a total
blackout. not even the BIOS program will appear in the
display. i tried to connect to other monitor thinking
that the laptop monitor is not functioning, but still
it won't show anything on the other working pc
monitor.

do you have any idea what caused this problem? is this
a gambas crash as what the dialogue box was saying? is
the BIOS corrupted? the ASUS laptop service center is
a litte bit far from us (500km). anyway thanks for any
info you can share.

happy new year!

ramon