[Gambas-user] Can Gambas run itself? Fixed! NOT!

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Dec 27 16:52:39 CET 2005

On Saturday 24 December 2005 00:43, Kchula-Rrit wrote:
> On Friday December 23 2005 04:21 am, Benoit Minisini wrote:

> > >      Thanks for the ideas.
> > >
> > > K-R.
> >
> > Instead of redirecting to "/dev/null", can you try the two following
> > things too?
> >
> > * Replace SHELL by EXEC.
> > * Use SHELL, but without the WRITE keyword.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Regards,
>
> 	I guess I was premature, or it was late at night, but the
> redirecting /dev/null did not work after all.  I tried EXEC but it just
> started a runaway process or something and I had to log-out to get it to
> quit.

??? Did you try exactly what I told you? (removing the WRITE keyword).

> I'll try it again and write down my results this time.  If it helps,
> I'm using gambas-1.9.20-4 for gambas itself, 1.9.19 for all the other parts
> from linex.org with Debian Sarge.
>
> 	Or, is just not possible to run two gambas2 processes?

Of course it is possible. Gambas2 processes are not different from any other
Linux processes :-)

Can you send me your entire source code?

--
Benoit Minisini