[Gambas-user] 2 Questions

johnf jfabiani at ...1109...
Tue Dec 6 20:48:16 CET 2005

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 10:18, Rob Kudla wrote:

> > > Hm, I don't think so, but AFAIK OOo has its own Basic to do
> > > such jobs.
> >
> > Is this right I can't open, create and run OOo from Gambas?
>
> You can run OOo from Gambas pretty easily, but no one's written a
> component to read/write OOo documents yet.  All the pieces are
> there (gb.xml... well, i guess there's no gb.compress.zip yet)
> but no one's done it yet.
>
> Since the appearance of gb.pdf I'm optimistic that someone will
> try it soon, though.  I'd do it myself if I weren't completely
> swamped with work.
>
> Rob
I was not aware that OOo documents are XML files?  I thought it was something
to do with "odt".  I have been checking and I believe the OOo guys are trying
to setup a universal way of accessing and creating OOo documents.  There is a
SDK and a binary "URE"  (UNO Runtime) (UNO = universal network object?) that
the OOo doc suggest will be the way to automate OOo.  But at the moment it is
a little over my head with regard to GAMBAS.  It only has Java and C++
examples.  Also it looks like it's some sort of client/server environment.
Not what I was expecting.....

John