[Gambas-user] 2 Questions

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Dec 6 19:18:03 CET 2005

On Tue December 6 2005 11:43, johnf wrote:
> > > 2. can gambas connect to files in openoffice
> > > applications such as the openoffice.org calc or
> > > spreadsheets like vba to microsoft excel. if yes how?
> > Hm, I don't think so, but AFAIK OOo has its own Basic to do
> > such jobs.
> Is this right I can't open, create and run OOo from Gambas?

You can run OOo from Gambas pretty easily, but no one's written a
component to read/write OOo documents yet.  All the pieces are
there (gb.xml... well, i guess there's no gb.compress.zip yet)
but no one's done it yet.

Since the appearance of gb.pdf I'm optimistic that someone will
try it soon, though.  I'd do it myself if I weren't completely
swamped with work.

Rob