[Gambas-user] Idea - Builds & Package Creation

Daniel Campos dcamposf at ...626...
Sat Dec 3 17:41:07 CET 2005

Hi:

Mmmh... I think the "Stupid" word is not very polite, may be it is not a
good idea to use it to talk about  new Gambas propposals or ideas, at least
in a public list. May be in a bar with two old friends and a lot of bier
would be acceptable.

Apart from this, I think it is possible to do it already, but not using rpm
or deb packages, which are designed to be modular, so you have not to
download many times the same pieces of code, but one of these "windows-like"
installers for Linux that  already exist, that try to manage the software
for a lot of distributions at the same time, including libraries, or
downloading them automatically from the internet, detecting previously the
Linux flavor. In that sense, may be any code developer could be interested
in adding support for http://autopackage.org/ , for example.

Regards,

D. Campos