[Gambas-user] Idea - Builds & Package Creation

Felice Cafarelli felice.cafarelli at ...324...
Sat Dec 3 16:32:42 CET 2005

Alle 13:38, sabato 3 dicembre 2005, Marius Mauch ha scritto:
> Felice Cafarelli wrote:
> > Why not include in the build process and package creation an option to
> > include the gb runtime library, so users does not have to download
> > additional packages to run programs build with Gambas?
>
> Because it's a bad idea to repeat Windows mistakes. Linux systems have a
> proper package management system, so there is no need for stupid
> workarounds.
>
> Marius

Hi Marius, thanks for your KIND answer. I talked about 'OPTION'. The ability
to option is a great choice of freedom in perfect free-software style.
Is this  a workaround? I don't know: I think a 'workaround' is an unusual way
to do something... but what is unusual in building a software with libraries
included? Many free-software deploy a library-free version and a library-with
version. Are this softwares doing a STUPID WORKAROUND?
Maybe here is not the right place to discuss it,,,
I posted an idea for the gambas-ide, I would like to know the opinion of
Benoit because it's the main developer, with opportunity reasons to regret
it, if necessary, not the reasons of a linux-fundamentalist, only to spread
shit on Microsoft-Way to do things.
Cheers
Felix

 Sponsor:

 Libri e CD musicali - Oltre 12.000 titoli nuovi scontati dal 60 all'80%!

*

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1898&d=3-12