[Gambas-user] Re: Gambas Book

John W. Rittinghouse jr at ...1090...
Sun Aug 28 21:33:55 CEST 2005

Benoit,

Great.  Yes, it is a real book, and I have about 200 pages completed of
the 300+ or so planned.  It is intended to be published in late
September.  Once published, I will, as stated earlier, make an on-line
version available "libre" for gambas users.  I do understand mailing
lists and the public nature of their forum.  Now that everyone knows
about the book, it should be no surprise when it comes out.  As to the
public nature of this list, I am all for it but my publisher will not
allow distribution of draft copy in this manner.  If you do not have a
private email address where I can forward the draft to you, I am happy
to create an email account for your use on my servers.  Please let me
know which method you prefer and then we can move on this.  At some
point, I will need a mailing address if you wish to receive a signed
copy of the finished book also.  I will send you the first six chapters
to review once we get to that point and you can start on the foreword
and comment on the draft as appropriate.  Once again, many thanks and I
am excited to get you involved in this project.

For all the other Gambas users that have sent messages of support and
offers of help, my thanks.  I will likely take you up on the offers as
the need arises.

cheers,
jr