[Gambas-user] Gambas Book

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Aug 28 20:15:05 CEST 2005

On Sunday 28 August 2005 15:46, John Rittinghouse wrote:
> Benoit,
>
> My name is John Rittinghouse.  I am an author (you can search my name on
> Amazon.com to see the books I have in circulation) and I have been
> talking (via email) with Fabien Bodard about my current work on a book
> about programming Gambas, entitled "A Beginner's Guide to Gambas" and
> wanted to see if you were interested in reviewing my work and possibly
> contributing a foreword to the book.

Of course. I wouldn't like too many errors in a Gambas book :-) But the lack
of complete documentation make being reliable difficult!

> I believe it will significantly help Gambas gain momentum and remedy the
> major weakness I have found (lack of documentation).  It is a great
> product and a great step forward for Linux programming - kudos to you
> and all who have helped, btw.
>
> I don't know if this mail is going to be public
> as this is the only
> email address I have for you, but would prefer that it remain private
> for now until the book is ready.

Do you know what a mailing-list is ? :-) Now more than 450 people know that
you want to make a book...

> Once the book is published, I intend
> to set up on online version for Gambas users also.
>
> kind regards,
>
> jr

Good. But you must be clear about what you are doing:
- Will it be a real book or just a electronic one ?
- Will the content be free (as in 'free speech') or not ?
- Do you want to write the book alone, or do you want collaboration ?

Best regards,

--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...