[Gambas-user] minor annoyance in IDE

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Aug 16 07:09:35 CEST 2005

In the CheckName method of CControl.class, at line 633 in Gambas
1.0.9, there's a line that looks like this:

    IF Instr("0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ", UCase(Mid$(sName,
iInd, 1))) = 0 THEN

Benoit, could you please change it to

    IF Instr("0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ_",
UCase(Mid$(sName, iInd, 1))) = 0 THEN

in some future version?  I've been doing it myself for the last few
versions as I've been reimplementing some VB and MSaccess projects,
and underscores in control names seem pretty common (and harmless to
the Gambas compiler and interpreter, it seems.)

Thanks....
Rob