[Gambas-user] config file issue

Thomas Mathiesen thomas at ...947...
Tue Apr 12 11:31:59 CEST 2005

Dear Gambas-friends,

I am building an OpenVPN client front-end, using Gambas. I know that GLADE
would do the job, but I am an old VB-guy, so I'll stick with Gambas.

My problem is:

I need to get info from a .conf file like this->
dev tun
proto tcp

To do this, I have been using the backtick and (g)awk.
This works for some time, but suddenly backtick stops working. Seriously, it
just doesn't give me any info from the command I ran anymore.

Copying the same project to another PC doesn't work either.

So, I copied the code to a new project, and rebuilt the gui. Then it works..
but after some more hours coding, I get into the same problem.. backtick
suddenly stops giving me feedback.

Can someone help? Has anyone seen this before?

I am running Ubuntu Hoary.

/Thomas

--
LinProfs
Phone: +31703521193 & +31652572454

-
"Microsoft is to operating systems & security ....
.... what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking"