[Gambas-user] understanding and learning gambas

Primorec igor.furlan at ...626...
Tue Sep 28 17:27:52 CEST 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:24:48 +0200, Benoit Minisini
<gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> > P.S:  Is there a reason to have "gambas" statically linked ?
> > gambas = statically linked
> > gbx,gbc, gba, gbi = dynamically linked
> >

> No light, but gambas is not "statically linked", as gambas is not an
> executable, but a script file that calls /usr/bin/gbx. Type 'khexedit gambas'
> to see the first line "#!/usr/bin/gbx".

ooops   ...:)))   you are right...  I did not think about that...

Yes , head /opt/gambas/bin/gambas shows

#!/usr/bin/gbx -x

~ħ85LF# Gambas Project File 1.0
Project=gambas
Title=Gambas

Now, I understand why I am getting "gambas: Command not found".

This is typical return when a script file ( for example tcsh file)
does not point to the correct location of the "tcsh".

So, I've replaced "#!/usr/bin/gbx -x"  with "#!/usr/local/bin/gbx -x".

Now, I do not get anymore "command not found" message..  but  a core dump.
Core dump is attached to this e-mail.

[igor at ...40... ~]$ gambas
ERROR: #51: Bad archive: No such file or directory
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

It seems to me that "gambas" is not reloctable.

Is there any other explanation ?

Regards

Igor