[Gambas-user] understanding and learning gambas

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Sep 28 11:24:48 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 10:28, Primorec wrote:
> Gambas gurus,
>
> I have few questions for you:
>
> A) I've compiled gambas on RH8 system. The result were 4 executables
> (gambas,gbx,gbc, gba, gbi)
>
> B) install process installed them in /opt/gambas/bin and made symbolic
> link from /usr/bin to /opt/gambas/bin
>
>    So fas so good.  "gambas" works flawlessly.
>
> C) I've decided to have symbolic links from /usr/local/bin to
> /opt/gambas/bin.
>
>        "gambas" stopped working.
>
> All I get on a screen is
>
> [igor at ...40... ~]$ gambas
> gambas: Command not found.
>
> So, I've checked "which gambas", echo $PATH, echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> [igor at ...40... ~]$ echo $PATH
> /usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
> [igor at ...40... ~]$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> /usr/local/geda/lib
> [igor at ...40... ~]$ which gambas
> /usr/local/bin/gambas
> [igor at ...40... ~]$
>
> Everything seems OK to me.  Can somebody bring some light to this issue ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Igor
>
> P.S:  Is there a reason to have "gambas" statically linked ?
> gambas = statically linked
> gbx,gbc, gba, gbi = dynamically linked

No light, but gambas is not "statically linked", as gambas is not an
executable, but a script file that calls /usr/bin/gbx. Type 'khexedit gambas'
to see the first line "#!/usr/bin/gbx".

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...