[Gambas-user] Multiple questions from a new user.

Jeff Stillinger stillj7388 at ...159...
Mon Sep 27 06:46:19 CEST 2004

Hi Gregg,

Was wondering if your a vb.net author and have access to vb.net
enterprise?  There is a wizard for building distro's of the programs one
writes. It comes with enterprise but not the standard edition.  I now
have at least two projects that I can't deliver because I can not build
a install program for them.

if vb.license.violation = false then
     would you be willing to send me the wizard?
elseif vb.license.violation = true then
     would you be willing to build a couple of GNU projects?
end if

--j

Gregg wrote:
> Ive been using linux for about 10 years now, and oddly enough (since most
> of my linux friends hate vb) I have been a Visual Basic developer for
> about 10 as well.   I love gambas, but I have some questions.
>
> 1) About the compiler.  I know its been mentioned on here before, but has
> anyone actually STARTED writing a native elf compiler?
>
> 2) Sample projects.  I see a lot of them, say I want to submit a few as I
> write them, where would I send them?  And in the spirit of helping, are
> there any that are actually needed?  I wouldnt want to provide samples
> that are useless to people...
>
> 3) I would like to know if the editor window is ever going to get drop
> downs like vb's for the events interface?
>
> 4) Will there ever be global variables (without the hack described in the
> VB differences page?)
>
> 5) Has anyone thought about writing a scanner that would scan vb code for
> all the places that it wouldnt be compatible?  This would make porting
> applications to gambas a lot easier.  Instead of having to edit, compile,
> edit, compile...  (not needed, but would be nice)
>
> 6) The biggest incompatibility I have seen so far in bringing any of my vb
> code over to gambas has been the array handling.  Is there any chance at
> somehow getting that in the vb compatibility code? (again, not the biggest
> deal but it would cut down on about half of my porting issues.)
>
> Thats pretty much all I have for now.  Ill probably end up having more
> when I use it for a little while.
>
> Gregg

CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE:  This email contains veterinary
medical records, or material that is confidential and/or privileged.
It is for the sole use of the intended recipient as shown in the message
"To:" header. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or
forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited.  If you
are not the intended recipient, delete all electronic copies, and shred
all hard copies.  Photographic images are the property of Jeff
Stillinger.  Sender assumes no responsibility or liability for any
damages caused by messages sent without encryption.