[Gambas-user] need help form Ron

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sun Sep 19 00:23:37 CEST 2004

On Sunday 19 September 2004 01:26, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> Salut Ron,
>
> have a look to the attached snapshot.
>
> What should do PrettyPrinter there ?
>
> STATIC  PRIVATE  $cType   AS NEW Collection
>
> PRIVATE  $iStartLine  AS Integer
> PRIVATE  $iEndLine  AS Integer
>
> PUBLIC  CONST  NBR_COLOR AS Integer = 15
>
> or
>
> STATIC   PRIVATE   $cType     AS NEW  Collection
>
> PRIVATE     $iStartLine   AS Integer
> PRIVATE     $iEndLine   AS Integer
>
> PUBLIC CONST   NBR_COLOR AS Integer  = 15
>
> It is the two Keywords at the left of the first and last line here.
>

> Amicalement
> Charlie

Hi Charlie,

That a nasty one. I believe the variable name should be in the same column.

a:          b:            c: d:
PRIVATE     $iStartLine   AS Integer
PRIVATE     $iStartLine   AS NEW Integer
PUBLIC      iNumber       AS INTEGER
PUBLIC STATIC             lLong         AS LONG
Example A:
in case the STATIC in front inone of the lines the column a: should grow in width.
a:                 b:            c: d:
PRIVATE            $iStartLine   AS Integer
STATIC PRIVATE     $iStartLine   AS NEW Integer
PUBLIC             iNumber       AS INTEGER
PUBLIC STATIC      lLong         AS LONG

Example B:
More nice should be the posibility to exchange STATIC PRIVATE
a:                 b:            c: d:
PRIVATE            $iStartLine   AS Integer
PRIVATE STATIC     $iStartLine   AS NEW Integer
PUBLIC             iNumber       AS INTEGER
PUBLIC STATIC      lLong         AS LONG

Example C:
for the last line maybe 2 spaces after PUBLIC giving the
most pretty layout.
a:                 b:            c: d:
PRIVATE            $iStartLine   AS Integer
PRIVATE STATIC     $iStartLine   AS NEW Integer
PUBLIC             iNumber       AS INTEGER
PUBLIC  STATIC     lLong         AS LONG

INHERITS           ColumnView

PROPERTY READ      TheFunctionRead(i as Integer) as STRING
PROPERTY           TheFunctionRW(i as Integer) as STRING

Example A is just how gambas works now.

Example B is if Benoit can and wil make the PUBLIC/PRIVATE can be
 exchanged with STATIC, so that it does not matter witch is first.

Example C: how I would like it does. Column a: as 2 x 8 chars.
So the user definied names as i.e. iNumber start at column 16
It is maybe the most easy to make.

If you say the first column is always the size of 16 characters
the problem is you have a lot of spaces when no STATIC in the lines.
To reduce it to 8 cahrs you musr check the whole global section to
know for usage 1 or 2 times 8 chars.
Simple sayed the by user named object/variable in column b:

I attach a sreen shot. Proportional fonts makes a mess

Ron