[Gambas-user] How to use the scrollview control?

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sat Sep 18 16:20:40 CEST 2004

On Friday 17 September 2004 15:30, francesco.difusco at ...69... wrote:
> How to use the scrollview control? I have seen the example, and wrote a similar
> program, but it doesn't work. I don't understand! The Gambas example works fine,
> but I am not able to use a scrollview control into my programs, even if I write
> the same istructions of the example, I use the same controls, ecc. Is there
> anything hidden I am non able to see?
>
> Thanks
>
> Francesco

Play a bit more with that example.
Add a ScrollView extra to see how it works.
if you after that understand how you can use it,
the knowledge collected kan help in your project.

I'm also doing it this way but not always, i must confess.

In your project you have used one and decide it
is not working well for something.
We can't see in our crystal ball what that problem is.

Hidden things can be the properties set in the example
instead done in code.
For me the most common problem I forget to look at when
I start a new project.

Copy the example to you new project and customize it you way.
Add your ideas and when working remove, or hide, the original
parts can help a lot.

Also a project around only the ScrollView and a textbox on top of it.
Add a line for all events, i.e. PRINT "SV!" & eventname
Let it PRINT the property values on a Click or Scroll event.
Concentrate on all the methods, events and properties of it.

Do you have problems, give the piece of code where it is.
Tell what expected and what you get as result.
Something unclear? Try to tell what is unclear.

Despite I have used the ColumnView several times it is one
giving me many times problems. A kind of blindness I assume.
Now I have a huge example build (18' monitor) :)
Hard coded tree fill from my linux box.
A big mess for newbies, starts for me to be also.