[Gambas-user] The hell of font size

Peter k-p.richter at ...20...
Thu Sep 16 00:03:14 CEST 2004

Hallo Rolf,

> Well, message boxes and dialogs have larger fonts, but it does not have
> any effect on the font size of lables and the TextArea.
Complete startclass:
STATIC PUBLIC SUB Main()
  DIM hForm AS Form
  Application.Font = Font["10"]
  hForm = NEW FMain
  hForm.show
END
has effect for all objects from application on desktop!

> And it has no  effect on printing.

I have not work with printing from gambas

> BUT: I set the TextArea font size by hand anyway.

> And of course I set
> the font size for printing, too. The point is, when I set font size for
> printing to 10, it will appear as about 12 with Courier font - Times
> appears somewhat smaller... So it is actually not predictable.

This problem i now from TCL/TK!

> I assume there is some bug or something that has changed between the
> version 0.92 and 0.99. I read through the changelogs but cannot find
> anything pointing to this.

With 0.98 i had no problem, ar i change to 0.99 on the same day as i install
the 17 inch Monitor!!

Regards

Peter