[Gambas-user] The hell of font size

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Wed Sep 15 08:46:26 CEST 2004

Hi Peter,

> i think, this problem is a problem of standard-font assignment in Gambas. In

partially, yes :-)

>   Application.Font = Font["10"]

> unfixes my problem (your also ???).

Well, message boxes and dialogs have larger fonts, but it does not have
any effect on the font size of lables and the TextArea. And it has no
effect on printing.

BUT: I set the TextArea font size by hand anyway. And of course I set
the font size for printing, too. The point is, when I set font size for
printing to 10, it will appear as about 12 with Courier font - Times
appears somewhat smaller... So it is actually not predictable.

I assume there is some bug or something that has changed between the
version 0.92 and 0.99. I read through the changelogs but cannot find
anything pointing to this.

Rolf