[Gambas-user] Upgrade from 0.97a to 0.98 or 0.99

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sun Sep 12 23:54:26 CEST 2004

On Monday 13 September 2004 01:31, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> >On Saturday 11 September 2004 14:17, pretore60 wrote:
> >> What i must do for upgrading from 0.97a, thet i've installed, to 0.98 or
>
> >> 0.99 ?
> >> Thank's
> >> Ottavio
> >>
> Salut,
>
> since 2.5 years, I have a /opt/gambas directory on my box.
> Every time I have downloaded from the shrine a new version (to  /opt/gambas
> )
> I make a 'tar -xvjf  /opt/gambas-0.xx.tar.bz2.
> This creates a directory unter  /opt/gambas//opt/gambas-0.xx.
> I cd into and make the three (./configure then make then su -c 'make install')
>
> Thats all. No 'make uninstall' etc.
> This I used on SuSE 7.2 to SuSE 8.2, on gentoo also on Woody and Redhat.
>
> Amicalement
> Charlie

Well I'm leazy to, I use MC to dive in the archive.
Then copy the directory from archve to /usr/local/src
dive into the src/gambas-0.xx directory and do the configure and make's.
Uninstall is done by rename and delete after next new version is out.
Keeping at least 1 old version, but never really need after all.

However with SuSE it is in /opt/gambas, mandrake is somewhere else! :)

btw: the align in pretty printer of the DIM is gooooooooooood.
but with the 'DIM xyz as NEW integer' the indent after NEW can be 1 space?