[Gambas-user] Error messages by 0.99

ron ronstk at ...239...
Thu Sep 9 19:51:54 CEST 2004

On Thursday 09 September 2004 10:52, Benoit Minisini wrote:

> The IDE, like any other program you make with Gambas, uses the default system
> font. If you don't see the default system font, nor the deault QT style, it
> may be a problem in your system configuration.
>
> Try to run qtconfig, change settings, and see what happens.
>
> Under which environment do you lauch Gambas ? Maybe something is initialized
> when running KDE, and not when running a desktop that is not qt based.
>
> Regards,

Fun :)
Grrr The qtconfig as I mentioned earlier to someone else helps.
My default point size with it is 8. Gives me a beautiful view.
The choise is arial,normal,8

Gambas follows on every new instance the type I choose.
But not the size, that stays at 10 pixel, and shows ugly for
most of the available fonts.

Now the fun, because gambas only follow the choice if I start
it fresh, I thought, try size 24 and open second instance of gambas
to see them side by side :)

The first gambas change the font to 24 point(pixel) !!!

The new second opens with 8 point ? Yes not the 10 but 8

Changing the 24 back to 8  and start the 3rd instance.
The first go to 10
the second go to 10
the third goes to 8
Closing all and start one instance and it is again 10 pixel.

The problem I have with suse 8.2/kde and qt is the point/pixel
size of special 9 or 10 renders badly.
In the letter W a one thick line as 2 pixel and the remainder 1 pixel.
If I choose for the project treeview small font it is in the
way I like. It looks as 8 pixel.

It is however workable with the GNU Unifont. but I'm afraid the
remaining applications after reboot are  wrong.
A option to choose a font and size will be welkom for me.

Thanks and greets Ron