[Gambas-user] Table view questions

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Sep 9 12:18:10 CEST 2004

On Thursday 09 September 2004 12:00, Eilert wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
>
> > The TableView control does not memorize any data. You must provide the
> > data yourself in the Data event, each time it is raised.
>
> I saw that event, but I wonder what raises it? Is it the SQL database?
> In this case, the thing will be useless for me as don't have an SQL
> database. My data come from an own set of files.

This changes nothing. The Data event is generated by the TreeView. Just fill
the Data property with colors, text, picture, according to the column and
line arguments.

> In the VB programs I've done I use the table view to show data like
> addresses but also account data. For the account data it is necessary to
> mark single cells with a colour or a special font.

You have the following properties in the TreeView control:

- Alignment: the text alignment
- BackColor / Background: the background cell color
- ForeColor / Foreground: the foreground text color
- Picture: a picture
- Text:  or a text

> The gridview in Gambas does show data in cells as expected, but I cannot
> colour individual cells or change the font of their texts.

No. The GridView is limited. The reason why is explained in another post.

> The tableview in Gambas seems to be able to do that, but there must be a
> simple way of putting the text into the cells.

No simple way. But it is not so hard... It is just a matter of habit :-)

--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...