[Gambas-user] Newbies Package Creation Problem

Technoferret technoferret at ...598...
Fri Sep 3 10:22:17 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 21:29, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 September 2004 17:02, Technoferret wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 15:34, Rob wrote:

> As for the fakeroot problem, could you try to replace in the Package module,
> line 370:
>
> SHELL "cd " & Project.Quote(sHome &/ "RPM/SRPMS") & "; alien --to-deb -k " &
> Project.Quote(sPackage) WAIT
>
> By:
>
> SHELL "cd " & Project.Quote(sHome &/ "RPM/SRPMS") & "; fakeroot alien --to-deb
> -k " & Project.Quote(sPackage) WAIT
>
> Tell me the result!
>
> Regards,

Benoit

I changed the line above as you suggested and I also changed the other
line in the script that calls alien.

This has made some improvement and it will now generate a single binary
.deb for me but now I have found 2 more problems (bugs),

1. After the script creates the first .deb I then get the message 'File
already Exists'. It looks to me like it is trying to create the source
.deb with the same name as the binary .deb ?????

2. When I install from the .deb it creates 4 folders with weird names,
e.g./%{_menudir}, /%{_iconsdir}, /%{_liconsdir}, /%{_miconsdir}.
It looks like the script should be installing a system name for the
directories but is creating directories with the variables name instead.
I do not know if this is a script fault or a fault with my debian
(Xandros) installation.

Dave
--
"All electronic components have smoke inside them, once this is released
they will cease to function."