[Gambas-user] MR. BENOIT ...

ron ronstk at ...239...
Thu Sep 2 20:08:32 CEST 2004

On Thursday 02 September 2004 13:06, FRANCESCO PANTALEONE wrote:
> THANK you ALL for support  .
> i've installed the libmysql12-devel Mandrake RPM packages
> Still nothing to do  ..
> now when i try to open mysql directly from shell it gives me back this error
> ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
> PLease , I need someone that explain me how to uninstall mysql and where to
> find a good version
> compatible with gambas 0.98 / also when i will reinstall mysql should i
> re-compile or reinstALL gambas
> and all the RPM ..
> thank you all to give me brightness in these new arguments .
> Francesco Panta ..

You are on the good way francesco, be patient.
As I understood linux is new for you.

To be able to connect to the service of mysql the server had to be started.
That is not done yet.
Rob and Benoit are using mandrake so they can tell you the exact way.
May be that part is a bit the same as SuSE but i'm not sure.
Try to find rcmysqld. if you have it, type 'rcmysqld start'.
Its possible that it is all you have to do at the moment.
Wait else for the guru's  using mandrake.

In the mean time reading the 'man mysql' can may be help you.