[Gambas-user] Gambas and AX25

ron ronstk at ...239...
Thu Sep 2 12:03:36 CEST 2004

On Thursday 02 September 2004 09:38, Charlie wrote:
> Salut Ron,
>
>     happy to  see, you are back.
>
>     So I have a question:
>

>     Frank asked in the list and also to me, for some help to make a AX25
> access for gambas.
>     I think it's also a starter help for making Make files.
>
>      I saw long time ago, that you dit things with that AX25, can you
> try to help him ?

I have deleted many mails simple because to mutch to read.

I wrote a AX25 packet controller handling the network
and local connection. A kind of PK88.
Z80 emulating the HDLC controller in software.

For gambas there are 2 ways posible.

the first is using KISS to an existing hardware node.
This can be in a class module talking to the serial interface.
I do not have much info about KISS and that is not uptodate now
I'm talking about something already 10 years back.

the second is using the build in AX25 support in linux.
That is total unknown to me. Never look what can be done.

A state sequencer for connection can be made with gambas
but a really full blown program? I do not believe it is wise.

It is not a simple internet connection to a website.
It handles remote1 to remote2, remote1 to user1 remote2 to user1
and with linux in mind remote1 to user2, remote2 to user2 and user1 to user2.
And linux can have more than 2 users.
All connections at the same time and not 1 but many streams too.
That is already a hell of a job in C or C++ regarding speed.

I think Frank will do/want the first one.
In that case a source in C of a client program using KISS could help.
And when he has it it, is more easy to use that.

I try to search to find it.
Found in the devel box :)

Ok Frank wants to use the linux kernel part.
Frank I read your message and marked as importand :)
Do you already have a idea how it should be?
What is you final intension to do with the component.
A simple talk and file transfer or should it act as ftp
over AX25.
Do you have already sources found as example?
C or C++, MASM or any other programming language?

[German]
Na Frank ich habe deine email heraus gezogen und markiert da es wichtig ist.
Hast Du schon eine vorschlag uber wie das den sein sol?
Was moechtest du am ende damit anfangen mit gb.ax25 unterteil.
Sol es eine einfaghe reden und datei ubertragung sein oder muss es
mehr wie ftp arbeiten dafur uber das AX25 netzwerk?
Hast du schon einige muster gefunden fur beispiel?
Die sprache fur C oder C++, MASM oder andere programmier sprache?
[/German]

Wel I hope you can understand my german Frank. I only do not support
the Uppercase very well in german and my keyboard does not have the
umlaut tokens, sorry.
If you can explain well in german add simple the german text like I did.
The mail list should be in english, in that way everyone can follow
and understand something.
The programming I can do will be for the source only in english.

May be I need some help for the networking part from Daniel.
For linux it is unknown to me how to do ATM.

I have a quick view for the ax25.h file
As I see it is the lowlevel driver interface. iso level 1 and 2
Handling of making connections and  communication between nodes
at ISO level 3 and up has to be done in you application.
You get only data packets and must interprete yourself what to do!
That is almost the whole modem from z80 to gambas.
Will be a hard job to fire up the very old computer with 5 1/4 flops.

My home build controller can be in working condition but not on a
ethernet card connection, audio and fsk on radio tranceiver.

Oeps that's a long one from me.