[Gambas-user] Result of Gambas slashdotting

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Oct 30 16:48:07 CEST 2004

On Friday 29 October 2004 16:13, Rob wrote:
> On Friday 29 October 2004 08:23, Marco Gusy wrote:
> > The download are 0 because the Gambas site points to tar.bz2's
> > in the webspace, instead of using the "files" section in
> > project page.
> > By the way... why?
>
> Speaking as someone who downloads every release of Gambas,
> sometimes multiple times, I really appreciate the availability
> of a direct link to the tarball.  Sourceforge's "click here to
> download, then pick a mirror, then get another interstitial page
> which finally redirects you to the download" doesn't work well
> with wget.
>
> Rob

Yes. All the sourceforge stuff to download a software afraid me when I started
yo use it years ago, and so I decided to put the sources directly in the web
site directory - which is simple for me to manage.

I don't like doing web site management, I prefer coding... :-)

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...