[Gambas-user] Result of Gambas slashdotting

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Oct 29 16:13:11 CEST 2004

On Friday 29 October 2004 08:23, Marco Gusy wrote:
> The download are 0 because the Gambas site points to tar.bz2's
> in the webspace, instead of using the "files" section in
> project page.
> By the way... why?

Speaking as someone who downloads every release of Gambas,
sometimes multiple times, I really appreciate the availability
of a direct link to the tarball.  Sourceforge's "click here to
download, then pick a mirror, then get another interstitial page
which finally redirects you to the download" doesn't work well
with wget.

Rob