[Gambas-user] PrettyPrinter-0.3.2 for use in IDE

ron ronstk at ...239...
Thu Oct 28 02:09:54 CEST 2004

On Thursday 28 October 2004 00:55, Charlie Reinl wrote:

> >Hi Charlie
> >
> >I don't think there are must to merge PrettyPrinter do it all. There are
> >a small problem with it - it add at line each time you run it.
>
> If you  talk about the last line, I added because so it is easier to paste
> something.  It was also Ron's idea.

:=)

> If it is realy each time its a bug, normaly it shouldn'T if last line is empty.
>
> >I will try alter  my CPrintSource sow it can print a line at procs.
> >(with an option in the print tab) like the editor.
> >
> >regards
> >Carsten
> >

>  Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I have install this 0.3.2 version and oh oh what nice.
The extra line is added if the option for the empty
line between procedures is OFF ?
A second cosmethic failure. If option 'tab' instead 'space' is
chosen the tab char. is a space when indent DIM is on?

I was giving XML a try but my health is still a problem to.
Just had a attack by updating KDE to my mind :+)
I have got doctor permission to go to Tenerife on Canarian
Islands again, the 6x time. Yummy 6 weeks are planned from December.

To Carsten,
I can't print any way, my printer is to old (20 years) ;)
Black/white and matrix, A3 size and can use tractor paper, good for listings.
The extra space line was indeed a request from me. It gives a better
separation  in the listing, also on paper, for procedures.
On screen we have a nice blue line but this way you must have a color printer.
That is not my case and I belive it should also print in B/W a nice way.
Still not every one has a color printing device :(

Note:
It will be else the same stupid thing to have the gnoki libraries to
be able to install KDEpim. I have a Samsung and no Nokia.
Or to have a scanner library for a graphics program, and not
having a scanner at all, and it don't need it, to be able to use
the program to view the photo's on disk.

The developer(s) should look if they exist, if not disable the nokia or
scanner features and not make dependend on it to have them installed.
This is a mistake for many Linux based applications in my view.
I.e. Irfanview on windows can work with AV media and scanners, if the
drivers/libraries are installed, if not then they are disabled.
Simple and user friendly, and the program works (also in wine:=) ).

Greets Ron.