[Gambas-user] slashdotted :)

Radoslav Dejanović radoslav.dejanovic at ...116...
Wed Oct 27 08:45:36 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 18:11, Rob wrote:
> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/10/26/142212
>
> Comments seem mostly positive apart from "What about kylix?"
>
> Rob

Don't vorry about that. Geeks dislike VB, and belive this is the same sh*t.
I know many people who told me things like "why would anyone program in
BASIC when they can have so nice GNU C compiler?"
There's a common belief that if you want to code for good, you have to code
in C or C++. That's crap. As long as you find any programming language
giving you right tools to finish your task, it's good. I think Gambas is
great. And it *is* a tool that can help you make software. At least, when
we squish all those bugs out. ;)

Just don't take this "it's not C/Kylix/OtherHolyLanguage" crap seriously.

--
Radoslav Dejanović
Operacijski sustavi d.o.o.