[Gambas-user] net component

ron ronstk at ...239...
Tue Oct 19 20:48:26 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 19 October 2004 19:45, Klaus Schumacher wrote:
> Hi,
> I wanted to go to gambas 0.99 but it doesn't compile with the net
> component (which I've never used before).
> I've added the error messages from the make (the configure runs without
> problems).
>

> Has anybody any idea ??
>
> Klaus

Well you have now the same problem as I had.
I could fix it the following way.

If you can compile gambas in your computer, it is
sure you can also compile libcurl, download the source
package from http:/curl.haxx.se, and build it as usual:

I have now 7.11.0

unpack it and do:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local
make
make install

I did it this way and was working with suse8.2
Don't forget the to use '--prefix=/usr/local' else
Yast will give problems to reach the udate information.!!!
It did not work after try the first time.

New programs sing it wil use the new alternative in '/usr/local'
instead then '/usr' path

When you type 'curl-config --version' then you get the installed version
curl-config gives automaticly the command's you can use.

# curl-config --version
7.x.x
# xslt-config --prefix
/usr/local

# curl-config --libs
-L/usr/lib -lcurl (and more)

# curl-config --cflags
-I/usr/local/include/ (something like this)