[Gambas-user] Array question

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sat Oct 9 18:19:32 CEST 2004

On Saturday 09 October 2004 11:11, Paolo Saudin wrote:
> Hi all,
> I need to use a multidimensional array ( x1[0][0] , x1[0][1] , x1[1][0]
> , x1[1][1] ...  ) and at a certain time,
> I want to copy it in a bakup array in order to work with the new one
> without loose the original data.
> Here's my problem : when I copy ( x2=x1.copy() ) a single dimension
> array all it works as expected,
> but as soon as I use a multidimensional one, the original is treated as
> a "referenced" copy and get modified as well.
> Attached there is an example to demonstrate it clearer :-). Is there
> another way to deep copy two arrays?
>
> Many thanks,
> Paolo

the array.copy is not an new array with a copy of the content.
It is the same but with a different name.

arrB = arrA.copy()
arrB is the same as aarA only the name differs.

The exact name should be .Clone() I think.
or arrB.Alias( arrA ) or arrB.Link(arrA)

A copy is an new instance of it with the content of the source.