[Gambas-user] XML component examples

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Sun Nov 14 19:12:09 CET 2004

On Sunday 14 November 2004 17:06, Ronan Chilvers wrote:
| <snip>
| > NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4
| </snip>
|
| I think I'd be tempted to change this to
|
| NameVirtualHost *:80
|
| Only becuase I prefer to do it that way... :-)

this I had in mind too.

| <snip>
| >
| > <VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
| </snip>
| Similarly
|
| <VirtualHost *:80>
|
| :-)
|
| <snip>
| >     DocumentRoot /srv/httpd/www
| >     ServerName www.magic-systems.net
| >     UseCanonicalName off
| > </VirtualHost>
| >
| > <VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>

but this one also should be *:80 or ?

| >     DocumentRoot /home/fabien/www
| >     ServerName gambas.magic-systems.net
| >     UseCanonicalName off
| > </VirtualHost>
| </snip>

<snip>

| For NameVirtualHosts you just need to make sure that the identifier is
| unique.  I use the *:80 to allow apache to sort out the IP (and it makes
| the config more portable).

this confirms my idea the doc v2.x is right

| <snip>
| > But then why can others or the proxy do it correct?
| </snip>
|
| I think that the reason you can't reach the gambas site (I can btw) is
| to do with the CNAME records.  What browser are you using?

IE, Konqueror and FireFox
I changed the gateway to the winbox and a old router program between
the ethernet and ISDN card after sending the previous message.
All can reach using ISDN, ADSL disconnected, across the window box
None can using the ADSL connection without proxy.tiscali.nl

The www site is with ADSL and ISDN OK.

| <snip>
|
| ????  Apache started by inetd ?  Why?

No idea why Leo does.

| <snip>
| > The server returns www.magic-systems.net as name for all services
| > instead magic-systems.net
| > My server in Germany returns the domainname.de:http only, without www.
| </snip>
| I think that your resolvers are stripping the domain name back because
| of the CNAME.
|
| # dig +short -x $( dig +short gambas.magic-systems.net )
| www.magic-systems.net.
|
| You want it to resolve back to gambas. not www. so you're going to need
| an A record I reckon.  Certainly it won't hurt !! ;-)
|
| Hope this essay makes some sort of sense!!!!
|
| Cheers
|
| Ronan

For me it does, I'm not that big guru, it make sense as I had also
some questions about the DNS records, I got back was a bit strange.

Thanks for you explain and tips. I send to Leo the webmaster.

Ron